Re: Sman: swish-e tool for searching man pages

From: Dobrica Pavlinusic <dpavlin(at)not-real.rot13.org>
Date: Sun Apr 18 2004 - 19:51:51 GMT
On Sun, Apr 18, 2004 at 09:05:06AM -0700, Josh Rabinowitz wrote:
> I wanted to let people here know about Sman, a new 'man -k' and
> 'apropros' replacement based on swish-e and perl.
..
> I'm especially interested in input from users. Note that you'll need
> to run sman-update to build the index for sman before you can use it!

I have been using sman ever since I read your Linux Journal article.
It's working great and it's part of my essential kit now :-)

On not-so-related note, I have been hacking on index_hypermail.pl to
support Mailman. Since changes are significant, result is
index_mailman.pl. Current version is available at:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/webpac/swish/mailman/

It's complete package, along with frameset that inserts search box on
top and displays Mailman pages or search results on bottom. I wonder if
there is interest to include index_mailman.pl as example in swish-e
distribution (alone or with configuration files which could be written
inside index_mailman.pl pod) or should I release separate package as sman is.

--
Dobrica Pavlinusic               2share!2flame            dpavlin@rot13.org
Unix addict. Internet consultant.             http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin