Re: Swish.cgi location?

From: Thomas Dowling <tdowling(at)not-real.ohiolink.edu>
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 17:21:32 GMT
Phil Matt wrote:

>When I turned to the routine that formats each single result, specifically the <dl> that
>handles the listing of each result, I find that styles called do not work, although I can
>declare:
>
><dd style="width:65%; background-color: #DCEDED">
>
>and the styling works as expected. If I use "<dd class="mystyle"> or <dd id="mystyle">
>the styling isn't applied.

Have you validated your stylesheet syntax and HTML markup?  Modern
browsers don't have any problems applying valid, correctly applied
styles to valid markup.

For '<dd class="mystyle">', at least one of the stylesheet applied to
your page would need to have 'dd.mystyle {...}' or just ".mystyle {...}".

For '<dd id="mystyle">', at least one of the stylesheets would need to
have '#mystyle {...}'.  Each id attribute must be unique within the HTML
page; you can reuse class attributes as often as needed.

--
Thomas Dowling
tdowling@ohiolink.edu