Re: Adding files from external site - suggestions?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 18:04:08 GMT
On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 09:05:58AM -0700, Rob de Santos AFANA wrote:
> This is done.  All the files are .asp files but saved as .asp.html to
> make them visible to Swish-e.

That should not be necessary.  Swish doesn't do anything special with
".html" files unless told to.

[...]

> The problem now is that it does not appear that Swish-e is indexing the
> necessary directory in total:
> http://www.afana.com/www.othersite.com/afl/

You can use -v (indexing verbose) to see what files are being indexed.
You can also use -T properties to list the files as they are indexed.
So you should be able to see what files are indexed.  Use -T and -v and
you might get an idea how ReplaceRules is working.

> Apparently, the other 600 files in my directory are skipped.  Because
> they are extracted from the dynamically generated pages at the other
> site they aren't necessarily linked in a "spiderable" chain from the
> index file but all of them need to be indexed.

Makes sense.  So either use -S fs method to index (instead of spidering)
or maybe try the --convert-links option of wget.  Read the wget man page
for details.