question about merging indexes when there is file overlap (typo fixed)

From: Thomas M. Parris <parris(at)not-real.isciences.com>
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 18:33:48 GMT
[I just noticed a typo that would have made my original post hard to
uderstand.  Corrected text follows -- tmp]

Dear SWISHers:

I have a quick question about the merge feature of swish.

1. Assume I have a directory with five files in it (1.html .... 5.html), and
that I index these files with swish (index1.index).

2. Now assume I modify 5.html and add 6.html and index these files
(index2.index). (In my case, 5.html is modified to point to 6.html).

3. Will I run into problems if I merge index1.index and index2.index?  (this
process will repeat hundreds of times).

Many thanks in advance for your help.  I love swish.  I've succesfully used
it for a number of varied applications.

Cheers,
Tom