Re: Different results from swish command line and search.cgi

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 20:35:51 GMT
On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 12:59:07PM -0700, David Fishburn wrote:
> swish-e -f index.swishe -w yahoo
>
> Yet when I run this code from the search.cgi script I do not get any
> records.
[...]
> It is essentially the basic search.cgi script.
> I was wondering if anyone had any reasons why the results might be
> different.

I can't think of anything without having a complete example to test
with.  The Swish binary basically uses the swish API C library when
running, so I would not expect any difference -- as long as you are
indeed providing the same input.

Are you running the search.cgi script from the command line or via the
web?  If via the web server then you have to check all those normal
things like permissions and working directory if using relative paths
for the index file.  But, I'd expect you would have seen errors in the
web server error log.