Swish.cgi and Perl mods install

From: Phil Matt <philm(at)not-real.frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri Apr 09 2004 - 16:57:09 GMT
I am trying to run the swish.cgi script that comes with the distribution.
I tested the script from the command line,
perl -c /www/cgi-bin/swish.cgi

and I got back from the server:

Can't locate SWISH/ParseQuery.pm in @INC
<@INC contains: @@perlmoduledir@@ /usr/loca/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-freebsd
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site?perl/5.6.1
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00503
/usr/local/lib/site_perl>

So I assume that the necessary Perl modules haven't been installed. You can see that
this is a bit more complicated because I am dealing with a VPS here rather than just a
small shared site.

I guess I have to INSTALL the necessary Perl modules? I just checked the docs on the
support site for this VPS, and the install procedure for new Perl mods uses VCPAN,
which seems pretty simple. What modules do I need to install? Will CPAN have them?

(I'm assuming I can't just copy over the .pm files to the proper server folders...)

Sorry for the really basic nature of this question, but Perl programming is still pretty
foreign to me.

Cheers (I guess...) --- Phil Matt

to a plain text message.