Re: SWISH-E CGI and Windows

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 15:43:14 GMT
On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 06:18:30AM -0800, tim barrett wrote:
> I am running SWISH-E under windows XP and IIS 5.1 and I am trying to
> connect to it using CGI
>
> I have successfully indexed and returned results using swish-e at the
> perl command line but I cannot return results using CGI
>

> What am I doing wrong?

Hi Tim,

I can't offer much help with IIS but your script below is broken.
you need to print content-type and the open() statement is wrong.  It's
not opening swish-e as a pipe and doesn't check for errors.

CGI is just a program that returns output in a speccific format.  So if
it works on the command line and doesn't with the web server you need to
think about how those two environments differ.