Stupid novice question

From: Phil Matt <philm(at)not-real.frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 15:00:26 GMT

and Peter Karman wrote:

> everyone was once a stupid novice.
>
> send along your log file output from apache. that'll help.

Thanks to all for these tips. I checked the Apache logs - no errors reported.
As in other messages on the list (including another current one from Tim Barrett, the
problem is that Swish-e is not working correctly from the CGI file, although it works just
fine from the command line.

It is not producing errors, it just reports back no results!

I think that this means that Swish-E is indeed reading the index file (there is only the one
I created on the server...) but somehow is not producing any results. There have been
other threads on this list dealing with the same problems, but no solutions have been
suggested.

Does anyone know what the $params variable in John Millard's script is for? What
parameters can be passed via this line?

Still puzzled....

Phil Matt