Re: searching XML documents

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)not-real.cray.com>
Date: Fri Apr 02 2004 - 14:54:58 GMT
swishe wrote on 4/2/04 7:49 AM:

>>Swish searches metanames and return properties. With your current
>>config, you could limit your search to any of the metanames (tags)
>>defined in your XML, but only return values for date, attribute1 and
>>attribute2.
>

> That's true but I have to use attributes in my search.
> I have to tell swish-e that I'm looking for book titles containing the
> word "unix" for example.
>    swish-e -w title=unix
> I can not run an unspecified search like
>    swish-e -w unix

then you likely want either:

XML:
<record>
  <attribute1>unix</attribute1>
</record>

config:

UndefinedMetaTags auto
MetaNameAlias attribute1 title

OR:

XML:
<record>
  <title>unix</title>
</record>

config:

UndefinedMetaTags auto
MetaNames title

It all depends on the structure of your XML, how you want to name your
metanames, and if/whether you can filter your XML prior to indexing.

(I'm sure others have other more creative suggestions...)

pek

--
Peter Karman - Software Publications Engineer - Cray Inc
phone: 651-605-9009 - mailto:karman@cray.com