Re: searching XML documents

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)not-real.cray.com>
Date: Thu Apr 01 2004 - 14:55:57 GMT
swishe supposedly wrote on 04/01/2004 02:37 AM:
> Dear swish-e maintainers,
>
> I have two questions concerning swish-e 2.4.2 with libxml2.
> You will find our configuration and 2 example records below.
>
> (1) How can we limit search results to records having date >= <datestring>

Does the -L option help at all? It's listed as experimental, but the
docs suggest that a range of dates is the intended function.

> (2) How can we search combinations of attributes in one subrecord?
>     e.g. -w attribute1=A attribute2=B
>     In our tests swish-e also finds record 2 but we only want to get record 1
>     cause only there "A / B" is found in one subrecord.

If I'm reading your example XML correctly, I'm not at all sure that what
you want is possible, since 'subrecord' and 'attributeX' is such a
generic way of referring to data.

You might try using the -S prog method to split up your subrecords into
actual, distinct xml "files". That way each one would be a distinct
"file" and could be return that way.

--
Peter Karman - Software Publications Programmer - Cray Inc
phone: 651-605-9009 - mailto:karman@cray.com