Re: MetaNamesRank

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 22:30:21 GMT
On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 03:24:26PM -0600, Peter Karman wrote:

> Bill Moseley supposedly wrote on 3/29/04 2:50 PM:
>
> >On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 12:18:13PM -0800, Peter Karman wrote:
> >
> >>I see that the 2.4.2 docs list MetaNamesRank as currently unsupported.
> >>
> >>I do see some code in parse_conffile.c that appears to allow it to be
> >>specified in a config file. I assume that rank.c still needs work to
> >>actually *do* something with the config?
> >

> >Search for "bias" in rank.c.
> >

> Ah. thanks. It looks fairly developed. Is there a reason the docs claim
> that it isn't implemented? My simple tests just showed that it does make
> a difference in the ranking scores.

Is there a reason?  No, other than first I added the code to handle the
configuration option.  Then added the docs about the feature.  Then at
some time later added the code in rank.c for testing.  I think that was
about the time I queried about help with the ranking code on the list.

Didn't someone post just a month or so ago say they were looking at updating
the ranking code?