Re: Missing `const's in swish-e.h

From: John Ward <jward(at)>
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 23:47:16 GMT
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 06:21:12AM -0700, C. van Reeuwijk wrote:
>> Hi,
>> When trying to use the swish-e API from a C++ program, I notice that
>> the documentation and the implementation disagree on the `const'-ness
>> of a number of parameters. In particular, SwishQuery has, according to
>> the documentation, the signature
>> SW_RESULTS SwishQuery(SW_HANDLE, const char *words);
>> but in swish-e.h the `const' is missing. There are more.
> Yes, probably should be const to keep your compiler happy. I build with gcc --pedantic -Wall, but don't see those errors (not sure why -- probably need a different -W setting). If you can checkout from CVS and make the changes required to quiet g++ then I'll apply the patches.
> Thanks,

I noticed the minor issue above still seems to have gone unfixed ...
I've included a simple patch to make the relevant APIs match the docs
(with const chars)

John C. Ward
Software Engineer
[T]  407.999.9870 x17
[F]  407.999.9850

I.D.E.A.L. Technology Corporation

"The Leader in Linux and Open Source Solutions"

to a plain text message.