RE: Swish-e Filtering on Win2003

From: Philippus, Brian <BPhilippus(at)>
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 20:47:11 GMT
I renamed that program to and ran it and it filtered
the file just fine.  So I ran it a second time, and it hung.  In the task
manager, I found pdftotext.exe running.  When I kill pdftotext.exe, completes and indicates that it was successful.  I did
this several times and found that would complete
without me killing pdftotext.exe once in the 10 times I ran it.  I ran
pdftotext.exe directly on the file using the syntax I found in the filter
(pdftotext.exe filename -) and it ran quickly and completed every time.
I've tried two versions of pdftotext.exe, one dated 3/21/2003 552kb that
came with Swish-e and one dated 1/22/2004 488kb that I got out of

I tried using against some pdf files on the internet.
I get the same hanging behavior on:
But I don't get the behavior on many PDF files I found on the web, they run
through the script fine every time.

Interestingly, I never saw the "unitialized value" error that I get from