Re: Getting "cannot open index file: Permission denied" error with swish-e on EL3.0

From: Vishwa Nath <vishwa_grama(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 19:44:31 GMT
Actually, the command line version with "-w" option works fine;

When I invoke it from a web-browser, it gives error in db_native.c which eventually calls fopen(). The message with 'errno' is "Permission denied".

Now I think, it may be some access-stuff related to apache?
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Vishwa

Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 06:14:17PM -0800, Vishwa Nath wrote:
> The search engine was working fine on AS 2.1 linux; I migrated to EL 3.0;
> I have recompiled swish-e and installed it.
>
> Local search and indexing works fine.
> But when I search via a browser, I get the following error.
> "Could not open the index file: Permission denied".

I would believe the error, I think.

Try using strace to check.