Re: ExtractPath & metanames

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 21:53:52 GMT
On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 01:33:58PM -0800, Peter Ensch wrote:
> Is there a way to query swish so that I can build the section
> list on the fly? IE. have it tell me what sections were captured
> by ExtractPath and stored in the 'section' metaname.

Not in a very nice way.  What you are asking it to dump the index file
and see what words are associated with the metaname you are using for
ExtractPath.

So, assuming you are using "site" as the metaname:

  $ swish-e -T index_metanames | grep site

That will tell you what id number is the "site" metaname.
Then use

  $ swish-e -T index_words_meta

and grep out the id (the second column) that matches the "site" meta id
number.

You could likely hack dump.c to only the meta id you are interested in.

Don't do that per-request as it's a bit expensive to dump the entire
index.  Plus, all those "-T" options are really for debugging purposes
and the output format may change at some time in the future.