Re: Title matches on result top

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 17:48:20 GMT
On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 09:35:37AM -0800, Peter Karman wrote:

> Ander supposedly wrote on 03/09/2004 09:20 AM:
> > I think there must be good rank algorithms or another similar works done. Would it be a hard work to choose which algorithm
> > would be more suitable and implement it? ;-) I would be ready to work, but I'am not a 'code master'.
> > Would anyone else be interested??
> >

> I'm certainly interested.
>
> Bill and/or Jose,
> Is there any documentation besides the inline notes as to the structure
> of the index and/or searching calculations? I think those would be
> essential to understand before messing with rank.c.

No, not other than the code comments and email exchanges.  Luckily, the
basic indexing code and data structures are not very complex.  Jose (and
the other Bill) did a bit of voodoo on the code to make it take up a lot
less space and run a lot faster.  Some of that code I've have not tried
to grok yet.  Comments (added to the code) are always welcome.

I need to release 2.4.2 and merge it with the main branch so we are back
to one development version.