Re: Complete Newbee Question SWISH-E

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 14:23:30 GMT
On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 06:33:50PM -0800, OTR Comm wrote:

> What I currently do is work with a customized version of Squid to cache
> all my sites, but I do not let anyone accessing the system have access
> to the Internet, just the information stored in Squid.
[...]

Interesting system.

> Is SWISH-E capable of organizing by subjects, or are there other leads
> that someone might have to point me in the right direction.

Not really.  Swish-e just creates an inverted index for searching.

Ken Williams has done some work with this.  Check out

  http://search.cpan.org/~kwilliams/AI-Categorizer-0.07/lib/AI/Categorizer.pm

IIRC, it requires existing documents that are already in categories and
then can use those to categorize new documents.  I've never used it but
it looks interesting.