Re: Adding files from external site - suggestions?

From: Peter Spindloe <pspindloe(at)>
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 22:51:49 GMT
I have a similar sort of need.  What about dropping
the external page into a frame in one of your pages?
I don't know how Swish-E handles that situation, but
it's the only thing I can think of short of
manipulating the index file, which I really don't want
to contemplate.

Peter Spindloe

--- Rob de Santos AFANA <> wrote:
> Currently I index my site using the -prog option (a
> nightly cron job)
> and these config lines among others:
> IndexDir
> SwishProgParameters
> /home/afana/swish-e/lib/swish-e/
> At the site we sell videos/DVDs thru an affiliation
> with another web
> site.  Clicking on links from out site takes you to
> their site, e.g. the
> link might be:
> which allows the customer to order and for us to get
> credit for the
> sale.  However, if you are at our site and search
> for a DVD of a game
> between Club A and Club B you won't find anything
> since the details are
> external to our site.  Ideally, I would like to
> spider the relevant
> portions of the other site (e.g.
> that the
> links would appear in
> my swish-e index (subject to approval of the other
> webmaster).
> Any suggestions on the cleanest way to proceed with
> this?  Anyone with
> experience in a similar situation care to offer some
> advice?  Thanks.
> Regards,
> -Rob de Santos
> -Columbus, Ohio USA
> Chairman of the Board,
> Australian Football Association of North America
> ph: 1-888-4AFANA1 (North America) (1-888-423-2621)
> ph: 1-614-338-0002 (outside NA)
> e-mail:   web:
> <>
> Contents of this message may not be posted
> to the web or "blogged" without prior permission.

Do you Yahoo!?