Re: non ISO-8859-1 headers

From: Peter Karman <karman(at)not-real.cray.com>
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 22:33:43 GMT
Forgive me if I am misunderstanding. This sounds like a thread that went
by in December 2003. Search the discussion archives. I believe the end
result was that because swish-e currently does not save data in UTF-8,
it can't display any of the indexed data in that format. If by "display
the output" you mean the contents of StoreDescription from the swish
index, then that currently can't happen. I don't think the issue is with
the perl locale or encodings settings for the CGI scripts, I think it's
with the data in the index, *as it was indexed*.

But then, I'm just learning all about encodings, and I may have
misunderstood this thread the last time it went around.

pek

--
Peter Karman - Software Publications Engineer - Cray Inc
phone: 651-605-9009 - mailto:karman@cray.com