Re: non ISO-8859-1 headers

From: Tim Freedom <tim_freedom(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 20:27:28 GMT
--- Bill Moseley wrote:
> > My question is how do I change that "charset" to say "utf-8" instead
> > of the current "ISO-8859-1".  I already have "AddDefaultCharset utf-8"
> > in my apache httpd.conf file
>
> About your other question regarding HTML headers: That headers is
> generated in the template module being used.  For the default template
> you should look for a call to $cgi->header.

I'm not sure I follow.  How do I change it ?  I have my own seach.tt
file in which I have,

  [% BLOCK page %]
  <head>
    <title>
      [% title || "Welcome"  %]
    </title>
  </head>

The template I'm using is 'SWISH::TemplateToolkit' and in that file
'/usr/lib/swish-e/perl/SWISH/TemplateToolkit.pm' there is indeed a
"print $cgi->header;" line, but where do I change the contents of
that header variable (I hope it's user settable as well so that I
don't have to fish for it (or remember it) upon package upgrades, etc).
I tried to figure out where it is being set or how to modify it to
no avail.

BTW: is this discussed anywhere ?  I sure hate to take up anyone's
     bandwidth if this is documented somewhere.

Regards,

 .tf.