Re: [Ignor Abuse] Swish Spider Configuration

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 18:09:54 GMT

@servers is an array (of hashes).

> Should BaseUrl entry be same as the IndexDir entry?

No.  With -S prog IndexDir is the name of the program to run.

> How does spider figure
> out which hash entry to use for my IndexDir URL?

It doesn't work that way.

IndexDir tells swish-e what program to run.  It's up to the program to
decide what to index -- it could be web pages ( or files in
the directory tree ( or HTML generated by hypermail
( or data in a database (  All swish-e
knows is it is running the program (or programs) you specify with -i or
with IndexDir.

> Would delay_sec entry
> override Delay entry in spider config file?

Delay doesn't go in spider config, it goes in the swish-e config file.
And no, it doesn't override because they are fro two different indexing
modes.  The Delay option is when running -S http, and delay_sec is an
option in and thus only used with running the
program with -S prog.

> How does it all work?

Mirrors and magic.

Bill Moseley