Synonyms (again)

From: Greg Fenton <greg_fenton(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 17:53:07 GMT
I searched the mail list archives and see that a couple of times in the
past few years the topic of "search synonyms" has come up.

The idea is to have a list of words that map onto a search phrase.  So
for example, searching for "db" would perform a search for "db OR
database".  I'd need the synonym database to be updatable, though not
necessarily dynamically (e.g. I am not opposed to rebuilding a SWISH-E

I'm sure this could be done easily enough at the CGI/mod_perl layer
thereby avoiding an index rebuild.  I just am not sure that this is the
best place to start such a feature.

Before I go off developing this system I'd like to hear other people's
input or experiences [or feature requests  :-) ]

Thanks in advance,
greg_fenton.

=====
Greg Fenton