Re: error mkstemp.h

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 20:57:41 GMT
On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 02:23:03PM -0000, Ppt wrote:
> Hey Bill
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Here is what I did...I was able to install the cygnus toolkit for
> tru64. So now I am using gnu_make and gcc. I also added the the
> other files from the README.
>
> However, now I get this during the make
>

> /bin/bash ../../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2   -o libswexpat.la
> xmltok.lo xmlrole.lo xmlparse.lo  -lm
> rm -fr  .libs/libswexpat.a
> ar cru .libs/libswexpat.a .libs/xmltok.o .libs/xmlrole.o .libs/xmlparse.o
> ar: .libs/libswexpat.a: File truncated

Don't know.  A google search for:

  ar "File Truncated" tru64

shows a few others with the same issue.

I would try and run those commands directly and see if you can reproduce
the problem outside of make.  Try various combinations of .o files --
you might be able to find out what's causing your "ar" program to fail.

Sorry for the trouble.