Re: error mkstemp.h

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)>
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 20:16:08 GMT
On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 09:25:00AM -0800, Ppt wrote:
> Howdy Group

> I am using the latest stable version of swish-e
> OS tru64 5.1B-1 native compilier.

> cc  -g check.c  -o check
> cc: Severe: swish.h, line 129: Cannot find file <mkstemp.h> specified in
> #include directive. (noinclfilef)
> # include <mkstemp.h>
> --^

$ fgrep -C 1 mkstemp swish.h
# include <mkstemp.h>

The configure script checks for the header and sets HAVE_MKSTEMP if you
have the header.  Looks like the configure script thinks you have

Look in config.log for mkstemp and see what it says.  Mine says:

configure:23630: checking for mkstemp
configure:23687: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lm  >&5
conftest.c:58:1: warning: "GETGROUPS_T" redefined
conftest.c:57:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
configure:23693: $? = 0
configure:23696: test -z                         || test ! -s
configure:23699: $? = 0
configure:23702: test -s conftest
configure:23705: $? = 0
configure:23717: result: yes

If yours says something similar then we need to figure out why configure
is finding the header but it's not being found when you are running

Bill Moseley