Re: Configuring limit to date ranges

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 19:07:18 GMT
On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 06:57:36AM -0800, Marko Faldix wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am playing with possibilities of swish-e. I wonder how limit to date
> ranges of Swish-e List Archive is realized:
>
> http://swish-e.org/Discussion/search/swish.cgi

swish.cgi does that by default.

> So what have been configured to make this limit to date range possible?

Nothing.  If you install swish-e it installs a module that is used for
for that feature, and by default is uses the swishlastmodified date.

> May we take a look to the related configuration

Of course.  Instructions are in the index_hypermail.pl program, but
here it is again:

    $ cat swish.conf
    IndexDir ./index_hypermail.pl
    SwishProgParameters ../archive

    MetaNames swishtitle name email
    PropertyNames name email
    IndexContents HTML* .html
    StoreDescription HTML* <body> 100000
    UndefinedMetaTags  ignore

index_hypermail is part of the swish-e distribution and is installed in
$prefix/share/doc/swish-e/examples/prog-bin.  In 2.4.2 it may get
installed with other scripts (like swish.cgi and spider.pl) in
$prefix/lib/swish-e which would mean that you could just use:

    IndexDir index_hypermail.pl

and swish-e would know to look in the $libexecdir ($prefix/lib/swish-e).
It works the same on Windows, I think.

    $ cat .swishcgi.conf
    $ENV{TZ} = 'UTC'; # display dates in UTC format

    return {
        title           => "Search the Swish-e List Archive",
        display_props   => [qw/ name email swishlastmodified /],
        sorts           => [qw/swishrank swishtitle email swishlastmodified/],
        metanames       => [qw/swishdefault swishtitle name email/],
        name_labels     => {
            swishrank           =>  'Rank',
            swishtitle          =>  'Subject Only',
            name                =>  "Poster's Name",
            email               =>  "Poster's Email",
            swishlastmodified   =>  'Message Date',
            swishdefault        =>  'Subject & Body',
        },

        highlight       => {
            package         => 'SWISH::PhraseHighlight',

            highlight_on    => '<font style="background:#FFFF99">',
            highlight_off   => '</font>',

            meta_to_prop_map => {   # this maps search metatags to display properties
                swishdefault    => [ qw/swishtitle swishdescription/ ],
                swishtitle      => [ qw/swishtitle/ ],
                email           => [ qw/email/ ],
                name            => [ qw/name/ ],
                swishdocpath    => [ qw/swishdocpath/ ],
            },
        },
    };

Does that help?