RE: Installation problem with version 2.4.0-pr1

From: Rob de Santos AFANA <rdesantos(at)not-real.afana.com>
Date: Tue Jan 27 2004 - 02:26:18 GMT
For the benefit of others in the future, I wanted to report on the
resolution of this problem from last September.  First, I switched web
hosts and after downloading v2.4.1 attempted an install and got the same
error.  The new host was very helpful and we determined that the default
shell for many web hosting installations is now "jailshell" which stops
access to some essential compiler features.  Once that was changed back
to the normal bash shell, I was able to successfully install Swish-E.  I
am now in the process of building indexes and testing it.

So, if a user gets errors due to "missing" stdio.h and similar or "no
such file or directory" it's a good clue that the problem is the shell.

-Rob
Australian Football Association of North America
http://www.afana.com

-Rob