Re: [Ignor Abuse] RE: Re: [Ignor Abuse] RE: Re: Date Format

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 03:25:04 GMT
On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 12:27:23PM +1030, Ahmad, Zeeshan (FMC) wrote:
> Thanks. I'll try that.
>
> Another issue.
>
> I am searching via API. For some documents, title is returned null and thus
> swishdocpath is displayed - but when running via binary title is never null
> (swish returns filename as title). Is this by design or I am doing something
> wrong?

It's the nature of the API.  SWISH::API is a very thin layer on top of
the Swish C API.  Look at API.xs if curious.  The Swish-e binary, for
the most part, also uses that same C API.

Anyway, my point is that the swish-e binary uses the API and in doing so
adds features.  One feature is formatting of the output and doing things
like checking if the swishtitle is blank and if so it prints the
swishdocpath.

To do that with SWISH::API you would do:

  my $title = $result->Property('swishtitle') ||
              $result->Property('swishdocpath');