search.cgi: missing "Limit search to: all"

From: Marko Faldix <marko.faldix(at)not-real.mplusr.de>
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 15:27:19 GMT
Hello,

I missed radio button "all" for "Limit search to" if calling search.cgi in
Browser without any URL parameters (such like a first call to the search
area) and found a workaround:

calling search.cgi? instead of search.cgi, so just add a "?" to the end of
the link to the cgi script

My HTML documents have classic meta-tags like author, description, keywords.
A search within my documents has to consider these fields too, if required
by user, so swishdefault is not enough for me. "All" must be an option in
search form.

If I called the search.cgi for the first time I couldn't choose searching
for all. After doing a first search with some other limit the radiobutton
for "all" was presented. Then I found out, just the "?" in URL caused
showing required all-Button. It is a workaround.

Didn't found it in the Discussion List, maybe an IIS/Windows issue or a
misconfiguration of mine or a bug or whatever.

Version:
swish.cgi $Revision: 1.13.2.1
swish-e version: 2.4.1

IIS on Windows 2000 Server

content of .swishcgi.conf:

return {
        title        => 'Search My Documentation',
        swish_binary => 'C:\Programme\SWISH-E\swish-e.exe',
        swish_index  => 'C:\home\mydir\swish\index.swish-e',
        template => {
            package     => 'SWISH::MyTemplateDefault',
        },
        metanames       => [qw/ swishdefault swishdocpath swishtitle author
keywords description expires all /],
        meta_groups => {
            all =>  [qw/swishdefault swishdocpath swishtitle author keywords
description expires/],
        },
    }

content of swish.conf:

IndexDir spider.pl
SwishProgParameters default http://localhost
MetaNames author description keywords expires swishdocpath swishtitle
UndefinedXMLAttributes index
DefaultContents HTML
StoreDescription HTML <body> 1000
StoreDescription TXT 1000