Core dump while sorting?

From: Daniel Eckstein <daniel.eckstein(at)not-real.bankgesellschaft.de>
Date: Mon Jan 19 2004 - 08:52:19 GMT
Dear listmember,

I finally got swish running on a solaris8, sparc box humming
happily.

Using a callbackfunction which does a recursive
file::find inside the filesystem and is filling an array
with the result, I can index all the documents of this
array using swish.

Thats a bit strange, indeed. But I got a dms here with
alot of links, which I dont want to be indexed and I dont
want to use a very large exclusion list.

So far so good. I do have 4 indexes from 4 different dms
here. 3 are working well, the 4th - and largest - gives me a
coredump while sorting (it has everything indexed fine
at this point).

----------------------snip-------------------
Removing very common words...
no words removed.
Writing main index...
Sorting words ...
Sorting 198,854 words alphabetically
Writing header ...
Writing index entries ...
  Writing word text: Complete
  Writing word hash: Complete
  Writing word data: Complete
198,854 unique words indexed.
Sorting property: swishdescription
Bus error - core dumped
----------------------snip-------------------

The index is already written at this time and it is possible
to search inside.

May be someone could shed some light on this?

Beside this I got a question regarding PhraseHighlight. Is there
a (sorry) faster solution? I tested with DefaultHighlight and
there was indeed a very big speed gain, but I dont want to miss
phrasehighlighting.

Thanks alot in advance!

Regards,
Daniel