Re: Novice question: unknown MetaNames error

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 14:37:25 GMT
On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 05:52:47AM -0800, Julie Wetherill wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> Actually, the MetaNames directive was in the conf file from the beginning.
> I reindexed over and over, looking for causes of the problem, but not until
> addition of PropertyNames did a search by metaname work. When searching by
> metaname, there must be a dependency on definitions in PropertyNames.

Hi Julie,

Properties and Metanames are separate beasts.

Can you show your work?  There's really two options: either the version
of swish-e you have has a really odd bug, or you are mistaken about when
you reindexed.

Should be easy to test, though.

Trim down your config file the the smallest number of lines possible
that shows the problem -- which should be one line when testing just
MetaNames and then two lines when testing both MetaNames and
propertyNames.

Then run these lines then cut-n-paste the results in an email back to
the swish-e list:

  $ cat config
  $ swish-e -c config -i <something to index>
  $ swish-e -w foo=bar  (replace "foo" with the metaname in question)
  (swish displays error)
  $ swish-e -T index_metanames
  (swish displays list of internal metanames)

add "foo" (or whatever) as a propertyname in config and repeat above.