Re: search prolem

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 03:11:06 GMT
On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 06:40:10PM -0800, Vishwa Nath wrote:
> I am able to build an index with swish-e; when I do search with '-w'
> option from shell, it works fine. But when I invoke search via the
> 'swish.cgi' script from a browser, I do not get any results. As far as
> I can tell, it invokes the 'swish-e' binary and the .swishcgi.conf is
> set up correctly. The 'results' returned is 0. Please help. [I am a
> new user]

What platform?

perldoc swish.cgi will give some debugging examples.  Basically, you go
through these steps:

- check that you can search from the command line.  You did this

- run the swish.cgi script from the command line using the debugging
options.  The swish.cgi script contains a section on debugging.

- finally, test on your web server.  Check your web server's log file
for any reported errors.

That will isolate where the problem is.

My guess, from what you are saying, is that when you run via the web
server you are using a different index file.  But that's just a guess.