Re: Got it working on Windows IIS

From: Ahmad, Zeeshan (FMC) <Zeeshan.Ahmad(at)not-real.fmc.sa.gov.au>
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 00:25:22 GMT
I have already encountered these problems - you would likely have problems
with filter paths too. I posted a couple of messages on the same topic
before.

On install swish-e set the following in swish.cgi:
use lib qw( D:\Program Files\SWISH-E4-Original\lib\swish-e\perl );
and it couldn't find ParseQuery module

I am now using this:
use lib qw( ./perl );

Perl cgi performance on IIS is really pathetic (avg. 5 seconds for a search,
10-15 seconds when load is high, index file size 8MB) - there is nothing
wrong with search script - I think it's due to cgi process overheads
(sometimes Perl.exe starts consuming 98% of system resources when running
swish.cgi). I tried to run swish.cgi as PerlScript and IISPerl - both
resulted in errors I have no way of resolving with my limited Perl
knowledge. Another thing I have noticed is that cgi is heaps faster when it
is run separately, say you directly type:

http://Staging/swish/swish.cgi

but it is considerably slower when called via another form or page.

Zeeshan Ahmad
FMC Computing Services
Bedford Park SA

Ph: 8204 6178