Incremental Indexing

From: Patrick O'Lone <polone(at)not-real.townnews.com>
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 14:59:06 GMT
Hello,

What does the --enable-incremental option do? There's really no
documentation around about it. Also, in src/config.h, there is an option
called USE_BTREE - is that experimental as well or any better for larger
indexes? Thanks for any responses!

BTW - I couldn't compile the program with the --enable-incremental, it died
while compiling src/db_write.c, on line 743. I'm sure it's because a pointer
to SWISHE *sw is not available locally to the setTotalWordsPerFile()
function call.

void setTotalWordsPerFile(IndexFILE *indexf, int idx,int wordcount)
{
#ifdef USE_BTREE
        DB_WriteTotalWordsPerFile(sw, idx, wordcount, indexf->DB);

#else

If you have questions, comments, or suggestions about the aforementioned
message, you can respond by replying to this message or contacting us at
(309)-743-0800. Thank you.

Regards,

Patrick O'Lone
Software Project Manager