Skipping articles while sorting

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Jan 02 2004 - 22:15:15 GMT
I'm planning on adding a feature to ignore articles while sorting.  The
setting would be per-property.  So, for example:

  SkipArticles swishtitle the a an

Here's your chance for input:

1) What should the config directive be called?  Is SkipArticles ok?

2) Should it remove more than one word?  That is, should a title:

   <title>The A An Word</title>

be sorted as "Word" or as "A An Word"?

3) I have not decided if this feature will only work during indexing
or not.  If it works only during indexing then sorting when searching
*multiple* indexes might not work as expected (because the indexes would
be sorted differently when indexing and when searching).  But, I also
want to keep the sorting code as lean as possible for speed reasons.