RE: swish-e problem

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Dec 30 2003 - 00:04:47 GMT
On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 03:52:24PM -0800, Ahmad, Zeeshan (FMC) wrote:

> After some mucking around I got the following error message:
>
> Service currently unavailable
> D:\Program Files\SWISH-E4\lib\swish-e\swish.plx open2: Can't call method
> "close" on an undefined value at D:/Perl/lib/IPC/Open3.pm line 338.
>
> This is when I run the script as .plx insetead of .cgi

That doesn't tell me much.  My *guess* is that the IPC::Open2::open2()
call is failing to really open the pipe to the swish-e program.

There's no real error checking in the windows_fork() subroutine in
swish.cgi.  I'm not so sure what can be tested.  Might check that $pid
is defined, although I have no idea what that means on Windows.

Maybe when running ActivePerl IISPerl there's some "security" to prevent
running external programs???