problems with make and SWISH::API

From: Michael F Kukla <kukla(at)not-real.buffalo.edu>
Date: Tue Dec 23 2003 - 19:50:08 GMT
When trying to build and install SWISH::API,
I keep getting this  error message when running make:

/usr/bin/perl /usr/perl5.6.1.633/lib/5.6.1/ExtUtils/xsubpp -noprototypes -typemap /usr/perl5.6.1.633/lib/5.6.1/ExtUtils/typemap -typemap typemap  API.xs > API.xsc && mv API.xsc API.c

Error: 'const char *' not in typemap in API.xs, line 589

make: *** [API.c] Error 1

I am running Solaris  8 and have already installed Swish-e 2.4.1 succesfully.

I would much prefer to use an OO interface with swish and really don't want to fall back on
a cgi solution (since we are using mason)

Does anyone have any advice on overcoming this problem? Any help would be greatly
appreciated inasmuch as the powers that be here are rather insistent
that we have a workable search engine on our site forthwith ;)

--
Mike Kukla,
Web Applications Developer

Phone: 645-6000, ext.1156