Re: Stats

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sun Dec 21 2003 - 19:40:53 GMT
On Sun, Dec 21, 2003 at 09:26:30AM -0800, John Angel wrote:
> I did not index localhost.

Another variable to factor in, right?

> What do you mean by user error?

Probably a configuration problem, top-posting, failure to provide
details, didn't show any attempts at debugging.  You know, common user error.

> I am using spider.config
> keep_alive  => 1
> delay_secs  => 0
> use_md5 => 1

You say that, but I'm not sure.  That's not a valid config file.  You
don't show anything that indicates you used that config file.  600 files
in 70 minutes?  delay_sec is zero?

> Tried both HTML and HTML* parser type, it is the same speed.
>
> Is there anything else I can do to speed up things?

Yes, do some debugging.  I can't debug for you because you don't give
any specifics.  Maybe you are indexing a web site of 600 gzipped files
that swish-e will index but htdig will ignore?  Do you even know if
htdig is indexing the same files?  What do you mean that htdig and
swish-e are using the same settings?

You have to show all your relevant work or I will not be able to
offer any help.