swish.cgi - another script?

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 18:10:57 GMT
Does the swish-e distribution need another example search script?

Swish.cgi started out as an example.  It was actually a replacement for
a previous script -- people complained it had too many CPAN
dependencies.  (Those dependencies are a good thing, but I couldn't
convince some of that point.)

Swish.cgi was suppose to be an example script, but extra features got
added over time.  That's ok, because more people can use it out of the
box with slight customization to the config file.

But, it's not really the best script for those that want more control or
other specific features.

I posted a small sample script to the list the other day that could be
used as a starting point for developing custom scripts.  I added a few
comments and term highlighting and it's now available at:

     http://swish-e.org/temp/search.cgi

So, would a script like this be helpful for those that want to write
their own search script, but without the baggage of swish.cgi?

Should that script be part of the Swish-e distribution?