RE: mysql and swishe

From: Ziegenhorn, Eric <eric.ziegenhorn(at)not-real.ngc.com>
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 20:37:22 GMT
I was attempting to use swishe for an index, but it could not handle the
70+GB of data that I needed it to.  MySQL does handle that, and it has nice
querying capabilities.  It is considerably slower, but not too bad in most
cases(only 1-3 seconds usually).  Since I've been using it though my Linux
box has had nothing but troubles with its SCSI  driver.  I think I might be
going back to glimpse -- it has bugs and many limitations, but it works
reliably and it can handle the data I need it to.  I'm looking forward to
when 64-bit swishe comes out though!