Re: [Ignor Abuse] RE: Re: [XWarn] RE: Re: Fixing Swish 2.4.0 To Work on W

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 06:31:17 GMT
On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 04:05:38PM +1030, Ahmad, Zeeshan (FMC) wrote:
> Another perl script problem on Windows.

(or is it the other way around?)

> Swish.cgi works fine when called directly from web browser (use lib qw
> (./lib))

All depends on what the web server is using for the current directory.

> When I run it, Perl can't locate SWISH::ParseQuery.pm (not found in @INC
> stuff). I tried different use lib settings (including original) but of no
> avail.

Are you using absolute paths?

> If I change
> 'use SWISH::ParseQuery' to
> 'use lib qw (E:/Program Files/swish-e/lib/swish-e/perl/SWISH/ParseQuery.pm)', it works. Note this is
> my installed path.

No way.  use lib is a set of strings pre-pended to the module name.  You
can use a complete path to the file in a use lib statement.

  perldoc -f use
  perldod -f require (not use of $prefix in that example)

> Then I would need to fix TemplateDefault location etc. similarly...what a
> pain. I think it's a Perl engine issue.

Unlikely.  My guess is you are using relative paths and when using ASP
you have a differert "current directory" than when using CGI.