Re: problem installing SWISHE module

From: Bill Moseley <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 14:33:16 GMT
On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 06:12:32AM -0800, Brad Miele wrote:

> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.1/i386-freebsd/auto/SWISHE/SWISHE.so:
> Undefined symbol "SwishOpen"

It's still trying to load the old SWISHE.so binay module.  I just looked
at the new "pure-Perl" SWISHE.pm and it's got this left over:

 require Exporter;
 require DynaLoader;

 @ISA = qw(Exporter DynaLoader);

Try removing replacing it with:

 require Exporter;
 @ISA = qw(Exporter);

Let me know if that fixes it.  If not, then try removing SWISHE.so.

> What is make test providing that test.pl isn't getting. I suspect that I
> still need to copy some libs into place or something.

Make test sets up the include path so it's running the code in the
modules build directory instead of from some place else.