Re: Do I have libxml2?

From: David L Norris <dave(at)not-real.webaugur.com>
Date: Tue Dec 09 2003 - 00:30:03 GMT
On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 17:43, Deane Barker wrote:
> "IndexContents HTML2 .html"
> I get:=20
> "Unknown document type 'HTML2'"

Looks like you don't have libxml2 built into SWISH-E.

> Perhaps I'm naive, but I thought that the compilation would detect
> libxml2 and include it.  Or did I have to configure something special
> when I compiled?

Which operating system?

The detection is based solely on the xml2-config program being present
and in the PATH at compile time.  Also, libxml2 needs to be version
2.4.3 or newer.

This will tell you which version of libxml2 is installed:
$ xml2-config   --version
2.4.10

If that program isn't present then you may not have the libxml2
development libraries and headers installed.  If you're on a Linux
system you may need to install the corresponding development package
(e.g. libxml2-devel or libxml2-dev).

--=20
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/