Re: 8-bit chars

From: John Angel <angel_john(at)not-real.hotmail.com>
Date: Sat Dec 06 2003 - 11:21:19 GMT
Hi Bill,

Specific example is if you try to index word containing ASCII 154 char.

I have added it in WordCharacters, but it provides no results.

I assume the problem is conversion to Latin1 - as you said, it is not 100%
8-bit clean. Is there some other function we could use to translate UTF-8 to
8-bit chars, instead of UTF8Toisolat1()? Or even better - to completely
avoid conversion to UTF-8, but to leave every char as it is originally.

Regards,
John