RE: Boolean Searches Against MetaNames

From: Deane Barker <dbarker(at)not-real.siouxfallscommercial.com>
Date: Fri Dec 05 2003 - 16:14:24 GMT
I found it.  In the Swish-E PHP class on the Scripts page
(http://swish-e.org/Scripts/), this line...

$this->words = escapeshellcmd($this->words);

..causes the parantheses to be escaped, meaning they're prepended with
backslashes.  So the command is being submitted as:

foo section=\(not bar\)

Commenting that line out fixes the problem, but I have no idea what else
will break because of it.

Deane