Problem with popup_menu and swish.cgi

From: David Fishburn <fishburn(at)not-real.ianywhere.com>
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 23:27:47 GMT
I did a search on the website, but did not find this issue mentioned.
I am new to swish-e, but a co-worker has used it quite a bit.
We are both stumped on this issue.

Versions:
Linux fishburn-RH9 2.4.20-20.9 #1 Mon Aug 18 11:45:58 EDT 2003 i686 i686
i386 GNU/Linux
SWISH-E 2.4.0
This is perl, v5.8.0 built for i386-linux-thread-multi

I have a default install of 2.4.0 into /usr/bin, not /usr/local/bin.

I have created an index and swish-e works fine.

I am not trying to get the swish-cgi script working properly.

Here is the problem:
I created a .swishcgi.conf
****************
use lib '/usr/lib/swish-e/perl';
use lib qw( /usr/lib/swish-e/perl );

return {
    title        => 'Search AMI Channels',
    swish_binary => '/usr/bin/swish-e',
    swish_index  =>
'/home/fishburn/dev/ami/scripts/searchtest/swishe/index.swish-e',
       date_ranges => 0,
    # debug_options => 'basic, command, headers, output, summary, dump',
    debug_options => 'command',

        template => {
            package         => 'SWISH::TemplateHTMLTemplate',
            options         => {
                filename            => 'swish.tmpl',
                path                => '/usr/share/swish-e',
                die_on_bad_params   => 0,
                loop_context_vars   => 1,
                cache               => 1,
            },
        },

        select_by_meta  => {
            #method      => 'radio_group',  # pick: radio_group,
popup_menu, or checkbox_group
            #method      => 'checkbox_group',
            method      => 'popup_menu',
            columns     => 3,
            metaname    => 'site',     # Can't be a metaname used
elsewhere!
            values      => [qw/misc mod vhosts other/],
            labels  => {
                misc    => 'General Apache docs',
                mod     => 'Apache Modules',
                vhosts  => 'Virutal hosts',
            },
            description => 'Override from .swishcgi.conf: ',
        },
}
****************

When I run the swich.cgi script in my web browser (mozilla), I get
checkboxes instead of a drop down menu (<OPTION>).
In fact, this doesn't work either:
            method      => 'radio_group',  # pick: radio_group,
popup_menu, or checkbox_group
I always end up with checkboxes.

So I tried changing the /usr/share/swish-e/swish.tmpl

I added the following section after the:
            <TMPL_IF SORTS>
section.

	<TMPL_IF SELECT_BY_META>
                Added by SELECT_BY_META:
                <select name="metaname">
                    <TMPL_LOOP SORTS>
                        <option  value="<TMPL_VAR NAME>" ><TMPL_VAR
LABEL></option>
                    </TMPL_LOOP>
                </select>
            </TMPL_IF>

This is never displayed at all.

Yet I know this file is properly referenced since if I change:
            <TMPL_IF SORTS>
                Sort by:
                <select name="sort">