Re: Advice on Integrating Swish-E into a Microsoft

From: Ahmad, Zeeshan (FMC) <Zeeshan.Ahmad(at)not-real.fmc.sa.gov.au>
Date: Thu Nov 27 2003 - 05:15:37 GMT
I recently implemented Swish-E search on Windows/IIS using Perl interface.
There were a few things we wanted to achieve that indexing server can not -
a) index PDFS, b) crawl http, c) provide spellchecking/thesaurus capability

First two are built into the swish libraries. The third one I implemented
myself (using Aspell). In the process we saved a bundle.

There are a few path issues in the current version of Perl scripts in
Swish-E for Windows. Nothing a bit of mucking around won't fix though...

Zeeshan Ahmad
FMC Computing Services