multiple documents in one file

From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak(at)not-real.dimebank.com>
Date: Tue Nov 11 2003 - 00:20:58 GMT
I have a set of files in roughly this format:

-----------------------
Name
Multi-line Address
Email
URL

[Date] Multi-line body
-----------------------
Name
Multi-line Address
Email
URL

[Date] Multi-line body
-----------------------
Name
Multi-line Address
Email
URL

[Date] Multi-line body
-----------------------

.. and so on. I can put together a perl script to return them one
at a time for swish-e to index, but what isn't clear to me is
how to tell it that each of these is an individual document. That is,
when someone gets a hit in a document, I want to return just
that document, not the entire file.

Do I need to burst them out into individual files before indexing?

(BTW, is this an understood format? WAIS knew about it, years back,
but I can't find any immediate support in the distributed swish-e.)

Thanks,
chris