Re: swish-e 2.4.0 seg fault

From: <moseley(at)not-real.hank.org>
Date: Sat Nov 08 2003 - 16:21:25 GMT
On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 02:47:15AM -0800, Dave Stevens wrote:

> I'm building 2.4.0 on RH9 Linux and have spent the last day or so with a
> segfault condition, though it appears to index and search the index from
> the command line with no apparent issues, save for the seg fault.

Segfault when indexing or searching?

> Any pointers to info or thoughts?  I couldn't find anything in the list
> archives.

Two things would really help.

1) find the smallest smallest input document or documents that can be
used to create the problem -- if we can reproduce the problem then it
can be fixed quickly

2) use gdb to find out where the segfault is happening.   Assuming the
segfault is happening when searching for "foo":

  $ gdb swish-e
  (gdb) run -w foo
  Starting program: /usr/local/bin/swish-e -w foo
  [New Thread 16384 (LWP 11484)]
  # SWISH format: 2.4.0
  # Search words: foo
  # Removed stopwords:
  [...]

segfault happens

then get a backtrace to see where it's happening.

  (gdb) bt

if you have debugging experience you may wish to look at the
variables/pointers at the location of the segfault.