Re: input conversion failed

From: J Robinson <jrobinson852(at)not-real.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Oct 27 2003 - 14:05:40 GMT
--- Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 07:14:33PM -0800, J Robinson
> wrote:
> > To follow up:
> >
> > I upgraded to libxml2-2.5.7 (that's the last
> version
> > that will build on my RH6.1 production machine*),
> and
> > I still get the same errors during indexing:
>
> Sorry for the trouble of upgrading.

No worries, it's a process, not a task :)

> http://www.gnu.org/testimonials/testimonials.ca.html
> > input conversion failed due to input error
>
> Ok, how are you indexing?

-S prog method. The prog is in perl.

> moseley@bumby:~$ wget
> http://www.gnu.org/testimonials/testimonials.ca.html
> 2>/dev/null
> moseley@bumby:~$ swish-e -i testimonials.ca.html -v0
>
> No errors.  I'm using en_US locales if that matters.

Hm. Me too:
LANG=en_US

> > * libxml2 Versions after 2.5.7 (including 2.6.0)
> fail
> > building with the error
> > nanoftp.c: In function `xmlNanoFTPGetConnection':
> > nanoftp.c:1556: structure has no member named
> > `ss_family'
> > ..
> >
> > Thought the SWISH-E developers would want to know.
>
> Interesting.  I'm just using apt-get install
> libxml2-dev at this point so I don't see those
>errors.

Which distribution and version of linux are you using?

In any case, this is not a show stopper-- my index is
built, but perhaps certain documents (or words) don't
get indexed.

Let me know if you want more data points and I'll get
them for you. For example, I can try building the
index on a RH7.2 machine (it currently has libxml2
2.4.19 installed) or with another libxml2 version.

Best,
  jrobinson