Re: Indexing differs for 2 lines swapped in file

From: Dominique Phommahaxay <dominique.phommahaxay(at)not-real.writeme.com>
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 18:00:41 GMT
> Now the one you sent did not have the j2ee on the last line, it was on
> the second to last line.
Correct, in the file downloaded when the record with J2Ee is on the line before last, the indexing and search are successful.

What are your indexing and search return when the line containing J2Ee is moved to be the last line of the file?

> The other thing to try is downloading a current dev of swish-e and see
> if that changes things.  I'm using 2.4.0-pr4. For Windows:
>
>   http://www.webaugur.com/wares/files/swish-e/daily/swish-e-2.4.0-pr4-2003-10-26.exe

Let me try 2.4.0-pr4 for windows and I will post the results of my test.

> BTW -- why are you indexing this big file?  Doesn't seem like a very
> useful thing for searching as a single file.  Might as well use grep --
> it's faster for simple queries:
>
> moseley@bumby:~$ time fgrep -i j2ee BTTitle01312003-1.csv  > /dev/null
>
> real    0m0.044s
> user    0m0.010s